Wednesday 14 August 2019

A Beach

Hi Blogheads:)

Chile has hundreds of great beaches so I thought it would be nice if you could write about a beach that you like. 
I'm not really fond of sitting on the beach sunbathing. If I go to the beach I prefer to walk and look at things. One of the beach-walks I like is from Maitencillo to Colchagua. I haven't done it for a couple of years but I have fond memories of the times I've done it. If you set off from La Laguna in Maitencillo walking North along the coast it will take about 2 hours or so to get to Colchagua. Some parts are a little difficult and they may be cut off by the tide depending on the time of the year. Also, if you do this walk in the summer you need to take drinking water and sunblock.
The beaches at the beginning and end of the walk are both long sandy bays. In between, there are some beaches with pebbles and others with large boulders. Often you can see sea otters (nutria) and lots of interesting seabirds.
 One year my wife and I found a penguin that had been mauled by a dog and took it to an Animal Rescue Centre but unfortunately, it didn't survive.
If you don't like walking, the beach at Maitencillo is good for surfing, horse-riding, kite-flying or just sitting in the sun. It gets quite crowded in the summer so I tend to go out of season.
Write about a beach you like.
Say:
Where it is,
How often you go there,
What you do there,
What you like it.
Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know those places. I would like to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place where you're stand is scary, it seems as if at any moment you were going to slip or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily that wasn't me:) I was the photographer.

      Delete
  3. I was in Maitencillo one time for a school travel, it was nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place very beautiful, besides it have very activities for realized. I am sad for penguin

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister tried to save a "Pato Yeco", a pretty ugly duck. It didn´t survived :^(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Maitencillo once, but I don´t remember the beach very much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, so sad about the penguin :( But what a nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Simon, the same thing happens to me with the beaches, I like to visit and walk more than to bathe there

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know Maitencillo, but it looks like it's a very nice place. What a pity for the penguin, the authorities should have more shelter from the municipality!

    ReplyDelete

The Future

Hi there Blogmasters, When I was a young boy, I thought it would be nice to be a teacher. However, that idea only lasted 5 minutes and I s...