Tuesday 6 August 2019

A Family Meal


Hi Fau Bloggers:
Today I'd like you to write about a family meal you remember. The family meal I remember was in about 1983 or 1984 (I think. My memory isn't as good as it used to be!!). It was in a Hostel my father managed in a little village in Scotland called Coldingham Bay. It was a couple of tears after my mother had died and possibly the first time the family had gathered together since her death, The whole family was my dad and my 5 sisters (Terri, Clare, Moira, Lizzie & Fran) and my 3 brothers (Adie, Colin & Ged). My nephew Dan would have been there too. I can't remember what time of the year it was so I can't remember if we were celebrating anything special or not. I think there was turkey or vegetarian meatloaf on the menu. One of the reasons the meal is so memorable is because my sister Moira and brother Adie started a food fight that got really crazy. It was so epic that it took us ages to clean up afterwards. I mostly remember it because of my dad's reaction. He was always very strict at mealtimes when we were younger but, on this occasion, he just sat there laughing. I think he had finally realized that his children were all a little bit crazy but in a good way.

Here's a picture of the coast next to Coldingham Bay.

Write about a family meal you remember.
Say:
When and where it was.
Who was there,
What you ate.
Why it was memorable.

Mention anything else you think is interesting or important. Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my post and on the posts of 3 classmates.

17 comments:

  1. What a memorable family meal!
    You have a really big family, it must be difficult to bring them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon! I just read your anecdote and it was really emotional and fun! Would you like to read mine's? Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have never had a food fight in my house, I think my mother would murder us if we do

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh Great Family and great place where you ate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine that room, it was to be a mess after that fight xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. woaa, amazing, teacher have one family very big, also is beutiful and emocional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. is a good memory and a funny moment for the food fight

    ReplyDelete
  10. i imagine that food mess hahaha what a great moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here are a lot of comments ... in a few months there won't have even half wjsjsjs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a classic from the movies to start a food fight hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Simon, I hope you never forget this anecdote, is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. You seem to have a really warm family... I can imagine all the games you played growing up with that many siblings!

    ReplyDelete

The Future

Hi there Blogmasters, When I was a young boy, I thought it would be nice to be a teacher. However, that idea only lasted 5 minutes and I s...